Thursday, July 22, 2004

And So It Begins

Well, never had a blog before.  How absolutely thrilling. 

Its 5:30am and I just had my first sip of coffee.  I should really be tackling chapter 10.  Only 2 more to go.  I think.  Maybe.  Of course this story is a heck of a lot longer than I intended, and if I want to do anything with it then I'm going to have to make it even longer.

So, who the heck am I?  I'm Cerian and I'm a writer-wannabee.  I've been a writer-wannabee since I was about 12.  I'm 38 now, but hope springs eternal.  One of these days I'll do it!  I write those happily ever after romances that you find on the shelves at Walmart.  Not the kind that have half naked men ripping the bodice of some top heavy nimph.   The Harlequin type.

I've actually finished one full length that made it as far as an editors desk, but it was rejected last month with a very nice letter stating that while the plot flowed very nicely, there was not enough chemistry between the hero and heroine.  *Gulp* Yah, an important element.  So that manuscript is sitting in the bottom of my file cabinet drawer.  Maybe someday I'll pull it out and look at it again. 

I've also written a few stories that have also been rejected by a magazine.  My writing buddies and I have a competition for most rejections.  I'm in second place.    I really need to get more stuff sent out.  I really want the gift basket prize!

I do have a life outside writing.  I'm a customer service rep for a magazine publisher.  A sucky job, especially when I don't particularly like talking to people.  I'm also a mom of 3 (13, 8 & 4).  They keep me busy.

Okay, back to writing.  Maybe someday, by the grace of God or Goddess I'll get it published.

ttfn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home