Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Good Mail and Bad Mail

Well, today was my day to get writing related stuff in. First of all I got yet ANOTHER R from Woman's World. Yeh, this is about number 5 from them. I'd love to talk to someone who's actually been pubbed by them and see what their secret is. As a friend says, she thinks they throw everything in a big bin and just blindly chose. I'm sure they get hundreds of these short stories. I think mine is every bit as good (if not better) than what I see pubbed in that magazine. But I'll keep trying, like playing the lottery. SOMEONE has to win, right? Either I'm a glutton for punishment or really desperate for money. Well, both really. :)

Then the good mail... I got my results back from the Trinity Writers contest I entered Sweet Forever in a few months ago. No I didn't final, but thats okay. I'm happy with my scores, a 75 and 94. Even better I got lots of good feedback. So that makes 2 contests SF did well in. It tied for 8th in another contest recently. Definitely worth working on and getting it out there.

A good topic was brought up on one of my writing groups. Once again talking about pov. I was delighted to see a Blaze with frequent pov changes. Maybe I obsess over POV, but I want to get it right!

I know, I know... JWTFB. Well, thats what I'm working on. :) But now my mind is all about contests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home