Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Amazed

I just read an article from the Jackson Hole News and guide from Sept 1, 2004 that featured my sister (wonderful pic of her and her dog) and once again I'm amazed of what she's dedicated her life to. She's an ex "hot shot" and smoke jumper nad now is a fire prevention and education technician.

And then I get to thinking about my jobs and think what a dull life I've led. I despise my job, its so meaningless, boring and aggrivating. No, not the writing, but the customer service hell I've been stuck in for so long. Snooze! Sometimes I wish I could reverse time and go back and do something meaningful with my life, something that really matters to me. My brothers did and my sister did, but not me. Nope, never did anything exciting. I live vicariously through my characters and look at my sister's life with envy.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Honey I understand what you're saying but you've got to take a very proactive stance in moving your life along. It's never too late to do soemthing. Evanovich didnt pub her first book until 47 (so there! LOL). But wallowing in it won't get it done. Getting out there and doing something will. I know personally I feel much calmer now that I know I'm supposed to be a writer and I'm on the right (no puns intended) path. That itchy restless, as Nancy said, "clausterphobic" feeling is gone.

I'm very content (and that includes content to not be married) with my life and where it's going and I think that makes a huge diff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home