Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bare Bones

Okay, so my story doesn't suck as much as I thought it did (but I may change my mind tomorrow)it just lacks a lot of flesh. And as I thought about it, when I was at the mercy of my mundane job, if I can write a bare bones story with 50K words then flesh it out after Nano is over then I may have like a 75K story. Well, I'd take 65K.

But I guess the good thing is that I'm pushing through the hard parts instead of skipping ahead or taking the whole document, highlighting and hitting the delete button.

I'm currently up to 18394 words. I plan to do at least a few more hundred words before bedtime. If I can hit 19000 words then I'll pat myself on the back.

Of course I would prefer to hit 20K.

1 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Good for you! You're kicking butt (though, as I recall, you were ahead of me for most of NaNo last year, too).

Keep up the good work.

pwrrltwf - Pretty women really rarely like to wear fur. (OMG!! That makes sense!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home