Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Falling Behind...

Well, I thought I'd be up to around 20k by now, but I've had some non-writing days. I pushed today but still didn't get as far as I had wanted.

One problem is that the story is boring me to tears. I wish I had gone with the sequel to my other story instead, or maybe the fantasy. I'm trying to push some things to happening and praying that I can salvage this. I hate the idea of wasting a month's worth of writing.

So, here's the stats....

Current Total-15175, Remaining Words-34825, Avg Words Per Day-1514

Got to get my butt going. Get excited about this project again.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Go to the NaNo dare forum and find something...

Add some chickens. It worked for me :-)

Go to Wikipedia and hit the "random article" link -- then work whatever comes up into your story.

Open a novel on your shelf to a random page and use the first complete sentence in your next scene.

Doing something out of the ordinary gets your brain working in unusual ways.

Note: I just hit the Wiki random link and got this:

Muggles is the title of a recording by Louis Armstrong and His Orchestra, recorded in Chicago on December 7, 1928. The title refers to Muggles as a slang term for marijuana; Armstrong was an enthusiastic user of muggles, which was legal in most U. S. states at the time.

Huh. Wonder how I can work that in?

Good luck... I'm write there with you.

owjng - Ouch! We just needled geese.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home