Thursday, September 16, 2004

It never lasts long enough

My absolute favorite time of year is just around the corner. I love autumn so much. The weather is perfect, the leaves on the trees are spectacular, there's no annoying bugs to keep us either bathed in bug dope or behind locked doors.

Nothing is better than the smell of the air in the fall, the combination of wood smoke and apples. I love going to harvest fairs and pumpkin festivals (go Keene NH-no one has ever broken their record for the most lit jack-o-lanterns in one place). On a windy day you can see an array of orange, yellow and red leaves falling of trees and drifting to the ground like a colorful snow storm.

But its so short lived. Seems to last only for a few weeks before we're plunged into 4+ months of winter. Even winter is beautiful. Just wish it could be as short as fall, and fall could be as long as winter.

I won't complain, though. At least I get to enjoy it for a little while. And if it lasted months on end maybe it wouldn't be as special to me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home