Friday, August 19, 2005

Time flies....

Well, my oldest child turns 15 today. I never thought I'd have a teenager, well, way back when I never figured it. Of course not many teenagers think about what life will be like when they're near 40 years old. But she's excited. Got her a soccer ball, the one thing she's wanted for ages. She's such a jock!

After a nice semi relaxing day off its back to work for 2 days. Have to earn money to make up for all this school shopping I've done (another 100.00 spent yesterday). Thank goodness for layaway! I wish I could spend as much money on myself. Shopping for Paige isn't the easiest thing. First of all, the clothes that they have in the juniors dept is, in my opinion, not that suitable for a 15 year old. I managed to find a few t shirts that didn't have captions that mentioned boyfriends or other things. Second of all there were very few fall clothes. 75% of the tops were t shirts. Now, about pants. Paige, while not being chubby by any stretch of the imagination, has a broad waist and she's short. So finding pants, not to mention trendy pants, is next to impossible. Generally if I buy her crop pants they work as long pants and capris to her are crop. Can't find bellbottoms for her to save my life. But she's never cared too much about clothes (though I'm seeing the beginnings of her being clothes concious.. she actually picked out a really cute outfit that matched yesterday).

Now Meg is the opposite. She's very concerned with her clothes (I shudder to think of the mornings we've spent going through every garment in her closet looking for the perfect outfit-for some reason she has an aversion to shirts with buttons). But she's a piece of cake to shop for. She's tall, slim and long legged. I like shopping for her.

Well, its that time again. I wish I could just go back to bed. Stayed up way too late and got up way too early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home