Sunday, May 07, 2006

When is Good Good Enough

I've finished the editing, but I'm still faced with the doubts that I didn't do enough and this time she won't give me another chance. And if its not good enough then what? Send it somewhere else? How do you know when you've added enough, that by adding more would be too much. I'm not sure. Just from this editing go round alone I added nearly 2000 more words even though I cut out several pages from the beginning.

I am sure that the manuscript is worlds better now than it was the first time I sent it to her, so regardless of what happens this time I've got to thank this editor for pushing me to make a good story much much better.

But will it be good enough for her? I guess I'll know after she reads it. Just have to take that leap of faith that really doesn't get easier with each manuscript you send out.

So everyone wish me luck!!

1 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Have you thought of querying agents and letting them do the leg work for you? Just curious....

Good luck w/Samhain. When are you sending it off?

yixzx - Uh. No. You have to be joking... Um...

yaks in x-ray zap xylophones?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home