Monday, June 12, 2006

What's Big?

I make it a habit of checking out what's selling these days. I find that werewolf/vampire/erotica are big sellers. I don't write any of them. I have no interest in the first two as a reader or a writer and I sometimes feel uncomfortable writing erotica. Now I can write a steamy scene, but I've found that the last two wips have been pretty tame on the sex, which is fine with me. But does it sell?

The wip I just started will be much the same. Tame. Two of my characters are children and for some reason I get all prudish when there are children involved in the plot.

Now I have two other wips on hold that are pretty steamy. Maybe I should go for those instead of this one if thats what sells.

But then again, I really want to write how I want to write.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said...

Yes. You should write how you want to write. I think that is very important. This is your passion, you should follow where it lead you. If the writing is good, people will want it. I'm not a huge erotica fan. I read and write steamy romance, but not erotica. I like authors along the lines of Lucy Monroe, Lori Foster, Susan Donovan, ect. Their scene's are steamy but not erotic. I have noticed that wolves, and vampires and such are really popular. They arent my thing. I like a romance that is believable, one that I can really picture happening. That is what I read. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home