Friday, June 02, 2006

When God Closes A Door...

Yesterday when I got home from work I had an unexpected rejection letter waiting for me from Woman's World. I guess I'm always rather surprised to get rejections from them because I think the stories I sub to them are every bit as good (if not better) than the ones they publish. This R came with a personal note from one of the fiction editor's underlings giving me an A for originality but didn't like the story at all. RASBERRIES TO YOU UNDERLING! I really liked the story. Will I continue to sub to them? Probably. They pay well.

Then, later that evening I got an email from Samhain. THEY OFFERED ME A CONTRACT ON SWEET FOREVER!!!!!!

I couldn't be more pleased! This is what counts to me, this story is much more important to me then the stories I send to WW.

So, just have to sign, seal and deliver the contract and I'll have another book on the market. I'm so excited!!!

And scared. The thought of marketing really skeers me. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it because I've accomplished what I only dreamed of by having not one, but two of my babies on the road to being published. What more can I ask?

7 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

I totally agree with you about WW... I can't figure out what they're looking for in a story, but most of the ones they publish are barely "so-so". It feels strange to want to pub with them, sort of like I'm dumbing down my writing.

Oh well, gotta pay the bills!

Fantastic news (again) on Sweet Forever. You are doing awesome!

sscwr - Super sweet candy wrenches ribs

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Congratulations. Will Sweet Forever be offered in print as well as e-book format?

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Abotu time you spillled the beans! LOL I am so damned thrilled for you!! You deserve this you've worked so hard for it!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger sybil said...

Congrats! (I followed Cece blame her)

Sooooooo what is Sweet Forever about?

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Crystal* said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!
What absolutely marvelous news!!!
Grins*

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Denise McDonald said...

Congrats - it's the best feeling isn't it!!!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Nell Dixon said...

Ceri, I'm so glad sweet forever found a home, I remember it from the other group we belonged to and it was such a good story. Welcome to the Samhain family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home