Saturday, June 10, 2006

Well, whadayaknow

It's raining... again. Is it EVER going to stop? Maybe for a few days, but later next week we may get dumped on again.

So, I've been sitting here the past few days, beating my head against my keyboard trying to come up with something new to work on. Even the wips I have in my folders, waiting patiently for me, are doing nothing. I start thinking about them and then I get the icky feeling that I won't be able to get enough out of them to make a full length manuscript. So I leave them alone.

I think I have an idea and I'm trying VERY hard not to plot it out. Yeah, I know, that sounds insane, but I just want to start writing it and see where it takes me. It means creating a heroine who is a bit quirky, and maybe a little flakey, but she might be fun.

Yeah, I think I'll do it. Just have to figure out my hero. I've been so stuck in the local guy thing instead of Mr. Alpha Male. But is that a bad thing? Maybe I can make him a Big Fish In Little Pond. Hey, I like small town New Hampshire. Sue me.

Time to get ready for my long day at work. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get some writing done, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

My peony's are finally in bloom and now are wrecked from the rain. I have mushrooms growing EVERYWHERE. Gee... I'm sure glad we put our sprinkler system in this year.

I had to laugh at your post... I just wrote about the fact that I'm actually plotting and planning a novel for the first time and LOVING it, and here you are writing that you're trying not to do that. Funny.

qeqoocnz - Quirky elephants quickly oogle oysters, can't noodle zebras

 

Post a Comment

<< Home