Wednesday, August 18, 2004

IT'S BEACH DAY!

My son is going to see the ocean for the first time in his life today. I think I'm more excited than he is. To see his face, that is.

I really should be getting ready for this little excursion. Still have to make sammichs and stuff.

Okay, I've been absent for the past few days. Call it a funk. I was doing great yesterday morning til I found a note in my box at work. My boss needs to know when I'll be back on full days. Hmmm.... when I get a raise large enough to cover the $500+ worth of daycare that I'll have to get. It just won't work. I'm job huntin again and it sucks. Getting afterschool care for Meg is doable, but for Justin it would cost me a minimum of nearly 400.00 a month. I can't justify spending over a quarter 0f my paycheck on daycare. Maybe if the company would cough up a raise I'd be a little more inclined to make it work. Not to mention the fact that last fall and winter the office was extremely quiet. If I started paying hefty daycare prices so I could stay those last 3 of the day and I just sat there twiddling my thumbs I would be livid.

Well, I'm not going to worry about it today. Let the stress begin tomorrow. But for now I have to make egg salad.

I just hope I don't come home looking like a Maine lobster. {:oD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home