Friday, November 12, 2004

Oops

Well, its been long enough since I posted. I guess life gets in the way sometimes.

Been feeling very blah lately, but it comes with the season. We may get our first storm today, I heard maybe 4 inches of s-s-snow.... hell, I can hardly even say the word! Its way too early for something like this. Oh the joys of New Hampshire.

I've set some goals for myself, trying to motivate myself to get some writing done. A friend emailed me an article about Nora Roberts, one of my most favorite authors. She made 60 million dollars in one year with her books! It took her nearly 12 tries before her first book sold. Gives someone like me hope, not that I'm anywhere nearly as talented, but ya never know. I just have to get myself going and make these things happen for me. I don't need 60 million dollars, but heck, 100,000 a year would be very nice!

So, these are my goals. I want them done by December 31, 2004:

1) Finish editing Sweet Forever, coming up with at least 44 more pages so its something I can submit to Silhouette Desire line. Also write a synopsis and query letter.

2) Send off 2 short stories to True Love or True Romance or True Something (one is already in the envelope awaiting postage).

3) Send off at least 1 more story to Woman's World (is in envelope awaiting postage)

4) Send off Ride Away Home to Harlequin. Again, already to go, just need to change date on query letter and get postage.

It seems like these goals are very reachable. Just have to put my mind to it, especially with Sweet Forever. At least that one is done, just needs the extra pages to make it to Desire length.

Other things I'd like to do is either work on Going Going Gone and/or The Storm Within trilogy. So its not like I have nothing to do. What sucks is that I have another story idea I'd like to sketch out before it leaves me, but I hate having too much going on at once and I should concentrate on the ones I've already got going.

Okay, nearly time to get ready for work. Joy of joys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home