Tuesday, November 16, 2004

What a dream

Had a very strange and disturbing dream last night. I'd woken up and heard the sound of gunfire. Looking out the window (my neighborhood was set up differently and much larger) and saw a large tank going down the street firing on buildings. After a while of trying to lay low with the kids and try to figure out who was out there and why, we got a knock on the door. They were soldiers. They looked Russian, but they were really Middle Eastern and had taken over the town and were looking for able bodied men to "recruit". They took Jim and anything from the house they thought they'd need, leaving me to take care of the kids. The weird thing is that when I was hugging them goodbye he looked like he was about 80 years old.

After they'd gone I went in search of food, and when I got back there were more knocks on the door. The soldiers were back and in the tank was a guy I went to school with, in uniform. Apparently he was pointing out the people the army could take and use. I begged them not to take me because they'd taken Jim and I needed to take care of my children. I woke up before I found out if they would've taken me anyway.

It was just not a pleasant dream. Kind of reminded of the movie "Red Dawn".

So, what in the world does it mean??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home