Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bout time....

I finally figured out what my password is. I can't believe that I've forgotten it and neglected my poor blog.

Well, what has been happening over the past many months? Winter has come and gone. Its never as bad as I think it's going to be. No enormous snow storms, no deep freezes-that I can remember. We're still alive and well.

Spring was short and wet and chilly and we dove right into summer. I'm already looking forward to fall. My kids are too. My 9 year old wants to know why school can't be year round. I'm thinking "huh?????" I never ever would have shared those sentiments when I was her age, but the world was a heck of a lot different. Little kids weren't being kidnapped all over the place back then. We were free to run around the neighborhood without the fear of some sick person grabbing us.

Well, I'm still writing. I think I've just about finished Sweet Forever. I actually sent a query out to Silhouette Desire but it was politely rejected. Plan B was Silhouette Romance and I edited out the sex and everything, but now SR is folding. Sheesh! whats a poor writer to do! There is another line I can submit to, but I just need to find the address.

In the meantime I have a short story in with Woman's World. I sent it out in March and still no word on its destiny or future. I guess no news is good news. One writer had hers there with no word for 7 months! I don't know if she ever found out what was going on, but she said the longer they have it the better chances that it'll be published. That must be true, because WW usually is VERY good about sending out quick rejection letters.

Okay.... let the diet begin (again). I'm just plain sick of it. I even want to get on the treadmill (shock and awe). I just need to put that picture of me up on the fridge. And get a chain. And have every restaurant in the area take out a restraining order against me.

Okay, I think this is enough for today. Glad to be back. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home