Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bummer...

I was at the EHarlequin site checking out writing guidelines for all their different series and I don't think Where One Road Leads will fit into any of them as it is right now. Lesseee, I can add another 30k to it (piece o'cake) or lots of hot and heavy nookie, but do I really want to? Or I could just sub it to on of the e publishers.

And don't it figure.... I thought I was going to be eyeball deep in data entry today so I left my memory stick with all my editing at home and now I have 3.5 hours of not much to do. Such a waste of time!

I guess I'll find something to do.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Ceri,

I'm having the same problem trying to pigeon hole my books -- they're too "hot" for regular Harlequin Romance, too short for American, not international enough for Presents and not sexy enough for the other lines.

So... do I delete the sexual scenes that I have or lengthen the book (add another 15,000 words - piece 'o cake, right?) or change the setting to Istanbul and make my hero a sheik?

UGH.

M.

Oh, BTW, we're still waiting over in the Maass group for you. Did I send you the link?

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Hi, Ceri. I've just checked out your website and it's looking good. I'll be popping in over at Maass to give you an "official" welcome there, but wanted to stop in here as well. Can I add your site to my writer friend links?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home