Saturday, March 25, 2006

Editing...

I love lobster. Its my absolute favorite food in the world, but if I had to eat it every day for a month I'd be soooooo sick of it.

Thats how I feel about editing a story I love.

I really really like my story, Sweet Forever, but if I never have to look at it again I'll be the happiest writer alive. But unfortunately it needs another go round of editing before I can resub it to Samhain. So, here I sit, in a quiet office, in between phone calls, my elbows on the desk, chin resting on the palm of my hand, staring at the manuscript. My eyes grow heavy with sleep. Just going to close them for a second. Then I get that falling sensation that wakes me up.

Anyway, I really want to move on and get another wip finished, but thats not how it works. Nope, got to get a cup of coffee to keep me awake. Maybe duct tape my eyelids open and get on with the editing. The sooner I finish it the sooner I can get on to other things. And the sooner I can send it back to Samhain so they can get another look at it with the changes.

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Ceri,

Did you get my comment with the link to the Yahoo group? Let me know!

M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home