Friday, March 24, 2006

Dear Frankie

Ever see one of those movies that just make you feel good inside? Dear Frankie is one of those movies. Okay, so maybe I wouldn't have watched it if Gerard Butler wasn't in it, but even if he wasn't in it it would still be one of my favorites. After commenting on the romance in it, someone pointed out to me, quite adamantly, that it has nothing to do with romance. Period. Well, I just had to watch it again, and while I agree the main storyline has nothing to do with romance between the mom, Lizzie and the Stranger (we never learn his name), and its more about Lizzie's son, Frankie, there is definitely romance budding between the two. I write romance, I know romance and I tell ya, if I could capture the scene where they say goodbye in words I'd have no problem selling my stories.

So, if anyone is looking forward to a good, sweet movie (sorry, no violence, a bit of bad language, but not much and no nudity) I highly recommend this movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home