Saturday, April 08, 2006

Gonna be a long day

It's Saturday again. It's just 20 minutes pass 10 in the morning. I'm stuck in the office until 5:30. I'm bored.

Well, been doing a little surfing, doing a little of my Maass workbook, thinking about all the editing I have to do, and thinking about the next project I want to tackle. I have a number of them standing ready to go..... there's Aidan and Julianna, Wren and Jack, Seamus and Lainey, Isobel and Eli, Iona and Mac. But I just reread a prompt I wrote a while ago and its got characters from a story that I'm DYING to do!!!!! I came up with the concept about 15 years ago, a fantasy. In fact I had about 100 handwritten pages done, but it needs total revamping. It's my dream project and my most challenging, I think. Am I strong enough to tackle it? I think this one would push me past my panster limits and I'd have to actually (dread music here) PLAN AND ORGANIZE (clash of thunder, lady screaming in the background).

Wow, what a concept!!!

The nice thing about writing fantasy is one doesn't have to do research (or historical research to make everything work). I know that sounds bad, but I HATE RESEARCH!! A fertile imagination is what's needed. I think with this type of story I'd have no problem getting over 55k which has been a ceiling for me with the past few wips I've been working on.

We shall see, but I think that I'll be jotting down some notes, try to get a rough plot mapped out.

I must be crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home