Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Worst Part of Waking Up....

...is no coffee in my cup.

Its bad enough that I stayed up til 11pm for the second night in a row, but I have no coffee in the house. I'll have to do a grocery store run this morning and head over to Dunky Donuts. The problem with their coffee is that it takes about 4 hours for it to cool down enough to drink it.

I took a break from editing last night. Instead I found the beginnings of a short story I started eons ago and started adding to that. It's going to be steamy, if I have my way. At least it'll occupy me until I get all of WORL posted to my crit group. I just don't have the heart to edit right now. First, though, I have tons of crits to do for the group. I'll bring my memory stick with me today. But that's a sure way to guarantee I'll get lots of data entry. It's my "long" day, so maybe there'll be a chance to actually write. Sometimes I do love my job. I'd rather be making a living at my writing, though.

I'm off to spend the last moments of quiet watching the news. Just hope that I wake up in time to get the kidlets up for school.

1 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Dunkin Donuts coffee is WAY too hot. I always ask them to put a couple of ice cubes in it -- this request tends to mystify the workers, however, and I usually end up with either a cup of ice or a cup of ice water to go with my coffee. Works either way, I just put my own ice in.

I'm out of coffee, too. I LOVE Trader Joes coffee, but it's a pain to get down to Nashua (well, Tyngsboro actually) to get it. Maybe next week...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home