Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Good Day

It was a busy one, but a good day yesterday. I took it off from work so I could attend my daughter's 4th grade graduation. She looked so grown up and I still can't believe that she's going to the middle school this fall. Doesn't seem possible. She got all weepy when she got home.

Then it was on to my oldest daughter's 8th grade graduation. Another hot and crowded event, but she was really having a great time. She won an award for community service-she put in more service hours than anyone else in her class. They all have to put in a minimum of 20 hours. She put in 172!!! It was hard to drag her away from the crowd afterwards and she was very upset that she wouldn't be going to school today.

And another really cool thing happened. I was contacted by the artist assigned to do my cover art for Finally Home. She actually had it done!! I've asked for one adjustment, but otherwise I'm really liking it! And the book isn't due out for another year! Woo-hoo!!!!!

And now its time to wake up the kids for their last day of school.

3 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Tell the kids congrats for me. What a milestone for them!

Can't wait to see the cover... and get the book! When do we get a sneak preview, huh, huh????


aprdsc= A preview read does sound cool. Hey... it's appropriate!!!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Ceri,

Can't wait to see your cover. Can you print out e-books? Is there an option to buy yours in print? I can't read for long online. Dang it all.

ipfifvrr - If puppies fought in France, vive ra rifferance!

(Okay, I admit to reaching a little on that one)

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said...

Yep, it'll be available in print as well as online. Marie, not sure if you're able to print them out. I want to say now (see how much I know about e-publishing??)

As soon as we finish any changes and have it approved I'll post the cover on my website, or here, if I can figure out how to do it. hehehe

baijr-bottled air is just ridiculous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home