Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Oh how fickle I am

Not even 6 pages into my story and I've already shoved it heartlessly aside to work on something else. How cold.... How unfeeling.

I've wanted to try my hand at a fantasy forever (well, not forever, but since I was in my early 20s). I have one storyline in mind, but its very undeveloped. So here I am... developing it. If I could pull it off... step beyond my comfort zone of contemporary romances, this would be an achievement of a lifetime I think. But this one would take plotting and so much footwork and research. I don't know if Im up to it, but I'm sure willing to find out.

*deep gulp*

3 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

You're so funny! Good luck world building -- I have a fantasy in mind myself, but haven't wanted to take the time creating an entire (plausible) alternate world. Maybe someday... Good luck!

bncnljp - Boys never clip nails, leaving jagged pieces. (that almost made sense)

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said...

I've tried writing fantasy but I just cant do it. I get ideas, but can never develope them very far. Good luck with yours.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Good luck. I have two short stories written (one of them won first prize in a now-defunct ezine's monthly contest and the other was published in an ebook) that dealt with the same world. I've been thinking about brushing them off and doing more of that, but before I do I need to finish Lizzie and Fiona's Dream (which now looks like it's going to be a mystery) before M. and P. string me up by my toes!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home