Friday, June 16, 2006

Disposal of Books

I have 2 laundry baskets full of books we no longer want. Some of them are in good shape, some aren't. What in the heck am I supposed to do with them? The writer in me is horrified at the thought of throwing them into the dumpster. How could I be so heartless??? But they aren't in any condition to be donated anywhere, I can't get them to my local recycling center for a while and they're just in the way.

What do people do with their old books???

Survived poetry night. It was very cute. My 9 yr old did really well. Like me, she's very shy around strangers, but she got through all her poems without forgetting her lines (too much). It was very cute.

That leaves Dinner Dance tonite for my oldest (who is thrilled, it'll be her first school dance). Her "date" is her aide who seems just as excited to go LOL. Her aide, who's been with her for 4 years, happens to be a woman who I graduated with from high school many moons ago. We were acquaintences, had friends in common. It's funny how fate brings our lives together again. She's been wonderful with my daughter and they've developed such a tight bond over the years. The aide full expects my daughter to be a frequent visitor at her house now they're parting ways at school as my DD moves on to high school. In fact the aide is forgoing her neices graduation to see my DD graduate. I'm going to be sad to see them seperate.

Okay, I'm babbling and I've got oodles to do.

4 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Our library takes books for their book sales. Even if the books aren't in great shape, they'll take 'em. Or there's a place at our dump to put usable stuff for people to take if they want it... Hope you find a place for them.

Have a great weekend!

wyzvbsrx - blogger is out of it's mind... When you zap violets, be sure (to) ring (your) xylophone.

Best I could do.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said...

I was going to mention the library as well.

Hope your DD has fun. Have a great weekend.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

OMGosh.... I can't believe I forgot about Bookcrossing. Yes. Yes! I love doing that -- especially when they're "found". As much fun as Where's George. Great idea, Nancy J. Bond!

xujwaqv - Xavier used just wax and quivered voraciously.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

There's also Paperbackswap.com. You trade books for credits to get new books - all you pay is postage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home