Thursday, June 15, 2006

Some Progress

I sat at my parents house yesterday and did laundry. In between loads I got lots of writing done. Of course now I have to put it into my puter, but I'm pretty pleased with the progress. It was the last of my peaceful evenings for a while. And now my daughter wants a friend over Saturday night. Could be the timing be any worse?? Oy.

I'm such a hermit, hate entertaining. LOL Yah, I'm mean.

Okay, here's a question for parents... do you have a hard time throwing out your kids artwork, cards, every scrap that they've created over the course of their entire life? I do. When is it acceptable to let these things go? When they graduate from high school? I hate throwing things out. Makes me feel guilty, like I don't care. LOL I've got to get over this sentimentality just a bit.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae said...

I dont keep everything my daughter does. I kept her first art project, her first finger painting, ect. But I dont keep every drawing she does. But, she is only two.

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

I bought an expandable file and store my DD's artwork by year... And only keep what fits in each slot, so I have to choose my favorites. The rest? I have dozens of relatives who love to get her pictures, so off into the mail they go.

But you gotta keep some.

So... what story are you working on? Romance or fantasy?

Loving the sunshine! Ask me again this weekend when it's 90 degrees and humid...LOL...

hdzwbthb - Harry did zookeeping with Barry. They hated bathtime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home