Sunday, May 28, 2006

Getting there

Well, I'm at 60335 words now with WORL. Just adding words here and there, but I'm making some good progress. I only have another 45 minutes before I have to stop and do housework (ugh). Then we're going to go out and play.

Okay, what do you do when you find a published story that sounds a WHOLE LOT like one you wrote? I have a novella that I wanted to go back to, but the premise is so close to one that's been published by WCP that I don't know if I should even bother. Or if I should just revamp the whole thing to make it different. Of course I have so many wips that I could just put this one aside and work on one of the others.

Or I could not worry about it and just edit WORL like a good doobee.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Crystal* said...

Hmmmmm.
How much "Whole lot"? If it's the same except for character names...I would definitely be leery.
And on the other hand of that...you may not want to peddle it to the same publisher.
Edit it out. Then take a little time to think about where you want to place it.
But once again...if it's like the same manuscript from a parallel universe...be VERY careful.
Grins*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home