Friday, August 20, 2004

Sunburns and Men in Speedos

Throw in sand in your bathing suit and you've got 3 things I hate about the beach!

Otherwise it was an awesome day up in Maine. A bit crowded, but we found a spot of our own, big enough to bury an 8 year old up to her chin and far enough away from the water that I didn't have to worry about the water reaching her.

The kids had an awesome time. Justin definitely loved it, could hardly get him out of the water. But as soon as it numbed my legs I was okay to stand with him in the waves. Why is it that when the air temp is 64 degrees its comfortable, but when the water temp is 64 its like standing in a cup of ice cubes??

Had to walk the beach to the store to find batteries (which, along with disposable cameras, were sold out). Man, I just wish there was an underground tunnel for me to walk in. I felt huge! I remember just 10 years ago when I was strutting down the beach looking good and hoping that I was noticed. Now I just want to be invisible.

Which leads me to a question that I've been asking myself for years..... why is it so hard to lose weight??? I KNOW how good it feels to be slim and healthy. I certainly feel like crap now, I know HOW to feel better, what I have to do.... so WHY is it so hard to do it????? I'm sure every aspect of my life would improve if I'd just do it.

But at least I'm not a man wearing a Speedo.

1 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said...

Jim took a picture of me at the beach. I'll email it to you and let you see just HOW gorgeous I am ;)

Ceri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home