Monday, May 15, 2006

Ark Construction continues

Wow, this is reminding me of last October when we got so much rain. New Hampshire is back under water, this time the hardest hit to the east, sparing the west the worst. Watching the news is freaky, seeing some of those rivers that'll be cresting this morning. Flood stage is 11 feet and its expected to crest at 22 feet. That's serious. Check out WMUR for pictures of the mess. 253 closings. In May thats just unheard of.

Now just a few weeks ago I was complaining that it was so dry. What's the deal?

My oldest DD is off on her way to Washington DC. They left yesteday morning (in heavy downpours). I miss her already, but I'm very excited for her. My other DD and I spent a day together shopping yesteday. It was very nice (but expensive).

And today my DS is supposed to get his cast off. Yeah!! I'm looking forward to seeing his arm again.

Okay, on another note, I'm nuts. I love a good romantic scene in a television show, especially when its unexpected, but longed for. One of my favorite shows is The Office. I've been only watching for about 4 months now, but my favorite characters are Jim (oh, if I were only 25 again) and Pam. They're best friends. Pam is getting married soon to an oaf and Jim is in love with her. We were expecting Jim to tell Pam that he was transferring (because he couldn't take watching her get married to someone else). It was going to be a sad moment. Instead, though, he told her he was in love with her. My jaw dropped and my heart went pitty-pat. It was sad when she said that she didn't mean for their friendship to be misinterpreted (nice to see the tear in his eye when she said that). Then later that night she's in the office telling her mom about it on the phone (we believe she's admitting she loves him too) he walks in and after she quickly hangs up the phone, he kisses her. And she kisses him back.

And the show ended for the season.

Okay, I'm a romantic fool.... I've watched it at least 5 times. I consider it a learning tool for writing a romantic scene. Yah, thats it. Its not about an ideal man taking a risk and telling the woman he loves how he feels. Wish I'd had a "Jim" in my life.

Time to get ready for work. Blah

1 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

The national guard is no longer in town, but they are in Manchester so I'll wave as I go by...LOL. Looks like the water is receding a bit here, I can get into town again and hopefully we'll get mail today. It should be over for now. Hope so. Yuck.

zugnm - zebras undulate greatly, needing money

 

Post a Comment

<< Home