Thursday, June 22, 2006

First Full Day of Summer

Its kind of nice not having to get the kids ready for school. Of course I'll pay for this luxury later when younger DD goes to middle school and has to be ready to go before 7am. She's like me, a procrastinator. I fear for the both of us.

I've seen the adjustments on my cover and I absolutely love it!!! So its off to be approved and then I can get it posted. I wish I didn't have to wait a whole year, but I'll probably appreciate the time when I get down to edits and promotions. Until I'll bask in the knowledge that I have a cover to go along with my book.

More bad news at work. The CEO has said flat out NO RAISES. He's under the illusion that we're doing the same job that we were hired to do 3+ years ago, although thats a load of horse blllllleeeeeeeeeeeppppppp. The company closed its mail center and guess where all the work went. Yes, to us. And he says we make as much as we should make doing what we're doing. A woman went to a website that gives us an idea of what the average pay is for our position in our area and the LOW END OF THE SCALE FOR ENTRY LEVEL CALL CENTER REPS is a dollar MORE an hour than I make now after being there for 3+ years. And I make more than my coworker who's been here longer!!! I have a feeling she's preparing to walk. And I don't blame her. She has a sucky job. They better not pawn it off on me. I'm not going to do it.

So, something is going to happen. Next month we're having our yearly benefits meeting with Mr. CEO Who Has A Beautiful Horse Farm in VT And Drives A Volvo and he's going to hear it from us, as a group. Maybe I'll hvae to start writing for a living. *gulp*

And speaking of work, time to go and deal with the horrendously slow computer system and a bunch of data entry. Ugh and double ugh!!!!!!!

But I have my cover and that takes the edge off. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home