Monday, February 19, 2007

Not Much of a Vacation

Last week when I finished my editing and emailed it off to my editor I came right here and posted a nice long blog entry. And it was immediately sucked into the vast coldness of cyber space. I just didn’t have the heart or energy to repost. So I took the week off. Sort of.

My week has been full of sick kids, running around and our first major snow storm in over a year. Okay, so we only got under a foot and a half, but it was plenty to satisfy me. Now it can go away and let spring in. Well, maybe not until after my daughter’s Special O winter games. They kinda need the snow for that.

Yes, the first go-round of editing is done. There was a lot to be done and I hope that my editor will be satisfied with it. I haven’t heard back from her, but I’m sure she’s a busy lady and I’m not top of her list. That’s okay. I’ve been using this week to recover (take care of sick kids) and think through some other story ideas. I haven’t written a word though. But I have thought of the wip that I did during Nano and came up with some ideas for it. Well, basically all I’d be doing would be to use the title and the setting. Everything else would be different.

I’ve decided to stay home today. I’ve been up with my son since about 3:30am, and I’m beat. And I have some house cleaning to do. My husband and I have decided to spend a huge part of our tax return on a new bed. We’re hoping to have it by Friday, but I have to do some straightening up so we can get the old one out and the new one in.
So, off I go to get the first bunch of kids on the bus.

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

I have one piece of advice... compose your blogs in Word first. I've lost too many to NOT do that.

Glad you're back in the blogsphere. I was ready to send out a posse. Hope you had a good day!

eufgagl - every unicorn filed girls and guys livers.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said...

LOL Actually thats exactly what I did this time. Usually I forget that little piece of advice until AFTER the page gives me an error.

wzzwdh-wild zany zebra with diapers holler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home