Saturday, February 03, 2007

Reality Check

Okay, first of all, I know I only managed to post twice this week. I shouldn't make promises to do something when I don't have one evening where I'm completely at home. Last week was filled with kids activities and laundry. So this is actually the first time I've had a chance to sneak into my blog and post. It's nearly 930pm and I'm baking cookies. And I've been up since 5am and all I want to do is hit the sofa.

Now for the reality check.... maybe I should say sur -reality check. First of all, Sweet Forever has made it to the Coming Soon pages of Samhain Publishing complete with cover. Just needs the blurb and my author information page. But its there and thats a step. Then I found the email that I was dreading and looking forward to. The email from my editor with the copy of SF so I can do the first round of editing. I have 9 days to get it done. Yeh, I'm nervous! What the heck is a hard tab and how do I know if my document has them? What is reveal formatting? These are the little things I need to know. And tracking changes? I hope I'm doing that right.

By the time I'm done with this I'm sure I'll be an expert and the next two manuscripts won't be as scary.

Well, lets hope anyway.

And thanks to all the ladies with their hair color recommendations. I'm thinking of getting my hair cut first, then color it. I'm going to wash that gray right out of my hair....... Oh, I'm dating myself, aren't I?

Rest tonite, editing tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Saw the cover -- on PAGE FIVE -- Sheesh. You should save it and post it here.

And, hey. You got your cowbody hat, even if it's not on a cowboy.

txwortog - Tammy x-rayed with our radial topographical opthalmic graph.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said...

If I could only figure out how to post photos here... maybe you've noticed a great lack of them here. LOL

Page 5, well, it is still 3 months away from release. It'll move up as the date approaches.

Right now I'm deep in edits. Its amazing how many times I used "just" in this manuscript. I've gone over the "so"s and now I'm on the "that"s. I just don't know how I can replace, delete or change all of them. Just not possible to do that, so I'll do the best I can.

viphv-vampires intimidate paul's horse Iris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home