Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Plucking Gray Hairs

I've plucked 4 out of my head in the past 2 days. Nasty little things, I'm not ready for them. Guess I need to get out and get some hair dye.

Well, I didn't get any writing done yesterday during practice after all. I was busy talking to the coach's wife. But I got some done, so the day wasn't a total waste-unlike today which is filled with errands and other headaches.

So, one of the stories that I have to work on is called Going Going Gone. The jist is that Isobel Fiore, who was once an overweight wall flower is returning to her hometown a confident and curvy woman who has built herself a successful clothing design company. While home she attends the town's annual charity fireman auction, which 'sells' bachelor firemen to the highest bidder. No one recognizes Isobel and she decides to 'pretend' she's a friend from out of town. When one of the fireman comes up for bidding she recognizes him as one of the golden boys of her high school days, someone who didn't know she existed. Feeling rather bold, Isobel bids on him, intending to put him to hard manual labor fixing up her mother's house, and thinks that maybe a little payback is in order. She flirts with him and he's definitely interested. Problem is that she starts to fall for him, and he starts falling too. She has to decide whether to tell him who she really is, and when Eli finds out he wonders if he can forgive her and let himself love her.

Or something like that.

Hey, its a work in progress.

Time to high tail it out of here.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

FOUR gray hairs? You're upset about FOUR????? Puh-leez... You can't count high enough to number mine.

Marianne wears Garnier Nutrisse #535 - (Medium Brown) Chocolate Carmel

I highly recommend the brand. It manages to make even my coarse, dry hair feel soft for a few days.

rzsaij - Rachel zips some apples in jail.

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Here to nag... you missed your goal of daily posts this week. For shame.

euohlgzv - Every user of henna let gauze zip verily.

Oh yeah, that was really bad.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Judy loves Preference by Loreil. And... oddly enough... she didn't start wearing it to cover gray. She started wearing it because, after a lifetime of being blonde, her hair was becoming a dark brown. Hey... I relish being blonde. It gives me a great excuse for some of the things I do!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home