Saturday, April 15, 2006

I don't like Saturdays

Yeh, I know, it sounds kind of bizarre, but its just another work day for me. The longest of the week, working 8:30am to 530pm. Its the price I pay for working shorter days during the week. But it doesn't make it any better. My kids always give me those puppy dog eyes when I'm getting ready to leave. My only consolation is that its generally a fairly quiet day (when we don't have any promotions going on) and I can get some work done-my work, my writing and stuff. So I guess thats one plus. Probably get more done there than I do at home.

I had the most horrible nights sleep and I woke up feeling hung over. No, I didn't drink, not one bit. I'm wondering if MSG will make a person feel hung over because we had chinese last night. Thats the only thing I can think of. But I tossed and turned and was generally miserable all night.

Great set up for a new day.

At least I have tomorrow off. But I have to come up with some Easter baskets for my kids. *Sigh* I'm so ready to tell them that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist, but I hate breaking their hearts.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Hang in there today!

I'm with you on the Easter Bunny (Santa, too...). I think this is the last year for all of that -- my daughter is starting to ask very pointed questions, and I feel like I'm lying to her, so after this Easter (and the loss of her first tooth, so we can "do" the tooth fairy at least once), I'm gonna spill the beans.

Hope you have a good day at work. Get some rest tonight!

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Late checking in, but I don't do Saturdays much :-) RE: MSG...it's entirely possible that it can affect you that way. I have to be careful what Chinese places I eat and what I eat, because MSG gives me severe migraines. Normally, I try to avoid foods that are cooked in sauces and I seem to be okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home