Friday, April 21, 2006

A Real Owie!!

Boys will be boys.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

My son went over to his friends house today for the last day of spring break. I got a call at work from my DH. My DS had an accident. His friend has a trampoline (yeh, you know where this is going). Even though it has one of those safety nets, or fences, or whathaveyou around it, my DS managed to fall off it.

So they picked me up from work and it was off to the ER we went. He has a broken elbow. Currently he's in a splint, bandage and sling and feeling pretty miserable despite the fact that his sister and I fed him (such a little prince) his dinner. Monday we're heading to another doctor. Maybe they'll put his arm in a cast, don't know.

So, another day of writing gone. Tomorrow.. hopefully will be a quiet day at work so I can get more editing done. We'll see. Just hope my boss is in a good mood so she doesn't give me a hard time about getting time off on Monday.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

ooooohh... I can't imagine how badly a broken elbow would feel. What a strange bone to have broken... poor baby. But at least he has a story when he gets back to school!

Trampolines are dangerous -- I can remember (w-a-a-a-y back) when I was about 10 y.o. playing on my friends (no safety net, of course, they didn't do that back then) and she did a flip and landed face first on the spring which opened with her weight down and then shut.

On her lip.

Her instinct was to pull it out, of course.... OWIE. She bled for an hour and had a huge, fat (what was left of her) lip.

Ugh.

Hope you're doing okay!

solmyt - reminded me of Soylent Green for some reason. Wonder if Blogger is trying to tell me something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home