Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I ask you... what else can go wrong?

Okay, I'm home from a long dull day at work.... trying to get some writing done and ACTUALLY making some headway, when I get a phone call from my mom. My daughter (who is 15) is no where to be found. She goes there after school 2 days a week. *sigh* My mom, who has back problems and didn't want to try hiking around to look for her, says maybe I should drive over. Good idea. So I gather the kids and head out for the 20 minute drive to my parent's house. When I'm nearly there I get the call that my daughter has just turned up. She'd been taking a walk. (My daughter, tho 15 has DS, so taking walks alone isn't the best idea). So I show up, have a chit chat with my daughter, gather everyone together and head home. I get a few hundred yards up the road and guess what.... my van from hell dies. Thank goodness it didn't do that halfway home. So get the parental units on the phone... my Dad calls a tow truck, my mom comes and gathers the kids and takes them home. Nearly an hour later the tow truck comes and my mom takes me home.

So, this could be it for the Van O' Death. I dont' want to sink anymore money into it's rotting corpse (can you tell that I really like my van??) I just can't afford a car payment right now and livng with one vehicle is a challenge.

So, now I have to face my writing. Or I can just slip into a television induced coma.... hmmmmm.....

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Crystal* said...

Do the coma thing for awhile.
THEN get back to writing.
Grins*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home