Friday, July 14, 2006

Need Batteries Recharged

I haven't written at all this week. What a waste, but I'm just too stressed right now. Work is a hassle as our big boss becomes more and more of an *bllllleeeeepppp* and makes our lives more and more difficult. Today we had a staff meeting. Not a good one. More work expected from us, and no benefits to it. No thank you from the 'big boss', nothing. He won't even talk to us. And I found out that a coworker has been very resentful of the work I've been doing because it means that everyone else has to 'pick up the slack' for the phone calls I'm not taking. She didn't say word one to me after the meeting. Of course our manager said 'don't be mad at Ceri for being off the phones. She's learning what she needs to know to cover for the assistant manager if need be'. Great. So that puts me in the other camp as far as my coworkers are concerned. Life isn't going to get easier anytime soon. I'm expecting to see a few resignations coming in soon. But its not my problem. I understand everyone's frustration, I feel it too, but I have to worry about me and my family's needs, not the feelings of my coworkers who think we have to make some kind of stand against the big boss. Talk about spitting into the wind.

But I need to put it past me and get my mind back onto my writing. If I can settle on a wip. I've got a couple projects to work on, so its not like I'd be staring at a blank screen.

What to do........

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Hope you managed to unwind today. Hang in there! Stay cool if you can...

bwwwuxw (HUH??) - But where will we undulate? Xray? Waiting (room)?

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Ceri,

Your comment cracked me up! I was actually thinking about another would be author, but now that you mention it (insert sound of whip cracking here).

Glad to hear you're writing again.

Hot enough for you?

ptfauthp - Pitiful toenails felt awful, usually they have polish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home