Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Unbelievable

I work for a company that publishes children's magazines, many of them are used for educational purposes in schools around the country, even the world. These are high quality and, in my opinion, non-biased magazines on things like US and world history, world culture, archaeology, science etc. Our May issue of Cobblestone, the American history magazine is entitled Duty, Honor and Country and focuses on the US Army. Here's what the Boston Globe has to say.... Yesterday, after this appeared in the Globe and on a Boston news station we got a lot of angry emails from outraged teachers and subscribers. On the other side, we did get a lot of supportive emails as well.

Michael Graham, a Boston talk show host, summed it up really well on his blog yesterday. On his radio show yesterday he discussed it for at least an hour. THANKS MICHAEL GRAHAM!!!

Just a question for those who think we shouldn't cast the Army in a positive light or even discuss it wiht children.... how do you think we are ablet to protect our freedoms? Where would we be right now if it wasn't for the sacrafice and service of our armed forces? I find it very sad that people could be outraged at featuring a story such as this.

And on that note... HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE! Remember our troops when you are enjoying your cookouts and fireworks.

1 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

I love Cobblestone magazine -- it's one of the few magazine's that I'll let my DD read without reviewing it first. And I say, good for them! Where can I buy my copy? Where can I tell them YAY instead of complaining?

My DH firmly believes that every single guy should have to serve for at least a year or two -- and get sent overseas. He said that it would make folks appreciate this country and its freedoms even more.

Okay. All done.

tnxlbv (why do I always get an "x"?) - Take note, Xerxes lived boldly vain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home