Monday, July 31, 2006

Self Induced Torture

Who said that climbing a mountain is fun? Okay, so it can be if you're in shape, but let me tell ya, I'm far far from being in any kind of shape that resembles healthy. But the DH, 2 kids and I climbed a (small)mountain yesterday. It was beautiful in spots, and pure heck in other spots. My shoes need to be tossed into a shredder and my clothes burned. But, as tough as it was, I did it, reached the top and walked back down. My legs still ache, but its better than having just sat home doing nothing on my one day off.

Its supposed to be an extremely hot week here in NH. Wednesday we could get into triple digits. Ugh. I can't wait til October!!!

Today I must get some much needed boring chores done, but after that I'm determined to get settled down and get some writing done. Unless I fall asleep first.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

3 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Congratulations on your mountain climbing day! What wonderful memories y'all are building with your kids.

I know what you mean about chores... sometimes it seems like they are overwhelming. Maria gave me great advice one day about how to juggle chores and writing. Give yourself a fifteen minute break from your chores and do a bit of writing. Then... more chores and another break. Of course, I have to set my timer, cause if I don't my breaks seem to take longer than they should... lol. I REALLY would rather write, then take a fifteen minute break for chores, but I think the health department might come check me out if I did that!!!!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

What did you climb? DH wants to climb Mount Major for blueberries this year... Yeah. If it's ever below 80 degrees we'll talk.

Actually, yesterday was a great day, weatherwise. You chose well!

Any word from Samahain?

tbvdzzy - How I feel after a long hike

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Yanno... I've been checking all my favorite friends blogs and NO ONE IS UPDATING!!

That's freaking frustrating.

Just thought I'd share.

huhiclz - help Uncle Harry ice cola, leave Zima

 

Post a Comment

<< Home