Friday, August 11, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Its official. At work I'm moving from the call center to the mail center. Well, thats just down the hall to the "big" room. I get my wish of not having to deal with customers on the phone (the mean customers) and will just have to do data entry. Yippeeee. But that means kissing the bonus program goodbye. Thats for phone reps only.

Anyhue, lately I've been spending too much time reading blogs and other things. Particularly about the situation at RWA (which I'm not a member of), the ruckus caused by a letter concerning how romance should be defined. I'm not going to get into it other than to say... yikes. And read a newspaper article about a convention down in Daytona for romance writers and readers. Double yikes. The articles writer was obviously not a fan and offended quite a few people.

But all this is distracting me from my writing. I've turned back to my rewrites on my novella. It's just over 25K and I want to make it a full length, I'm just not sure how. How can I possibly add another 35+K words to this story??? One way would be to combine all the stories (this is the first in a trilogy) into one long story. Or I could pl-pl-plot it out and see if I could add some more to it. But more than double it?? That would be tricky.

Never the less, must get working on it. Its not going to do anything by just sitting on my memory stick.

No word from Samhain. In the next week or so.... for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home