Sunday, August 06, 2006

Crispy Critters

Yesterday when I went to work my DH took the kids and went to my parents house to do some painting while they're out of town. About an hour into my morning I get a message from my son (who's six) saying that there's been an accident and to call right away. When DH was climbing onto the roof to start the painting, the ladder gave way and he and it and the grill and a table all went crash boom bang. So, even though he didn't want an ambulance or anything I had to leave work and head over to find him on his back on the deck. He was pretty beat up, cuts and abrasions all over his legs and arm, his back hurt, his shoulders hurt, but he didn't want to go to the hospital.

After resting for a long time to determine he didn't have anything majorly wrong, and cleaning up the cuts and scrapes (ugh) he decided to push on with the painting. I went out to help him. It was a beautiful day, weatherwise but now we have quite the sunburn-especially him. It was a rough night. Painting got done at 9pm and then we had to go home and get dinner.

He hasn't been off the sofa since he woke up. He's definitely feeling the effects of the fall, but it would've been much worse if it had been my dad coming down like that. Small miracles.

I just hope I won't get spoken to about not going back to work. I didn't feel comfy about leaving him alone.

Today is a day of rest. As if we could do anything else. even I'm tired and sore.

2 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Ceri,

Ouch. For all of you. Poor hubby... poor sunburned folks.

I remember getting fried once (in Hawaii... why I thought I could spend all day on the beach with my fair skin and no sunscreen is beyond me). I got out of bed later that night and fell - my fried legs wouldn't hold me.

I lived with a can of Solarcaine in my hand for the rest of the vacation (step, step, spray. step, step, spray).

Do they even have Solarcaine anymore?

Good luck with Samhain. Now get busy on something new - you know the lag time between submission and publication! You don't want your loyal fans to forget about you, do you?

riwramml - Robin's iceberg was really all mucky, my love

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Hullooooo! Is there an echo in here? Is Ceri alive and well? Who knows?

drglf - dig right, girl, leave flags

 

Post a Comment

<< Home