Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Its Coming Along

Plotting that is.... for NaNoWriMo. I'm so excited! I've been brainstorming and trying to figure things out and I'm praying that this'll all come together and I'll have a marketable manuscript.

One of the first things I do is pick out my character models. This story is going to be a sequel to Finally Home, due out in June of 2007, so I'm using one of my secondary characters as the hero in the story. I haven't found a model for him yet, though I do have a general idea of what he looks like.

My heroine will be new to the cast of characters. I think I've decided on a Katie Holmes kinda gal, young looking, sweet, trying to be something she really isn't while hiding away from what she used to be (not that Katie Holmes is trying to be something she really isnt...)

Gist of her situation... she was a nationally known competitive endurance rider (competitive trail riding) who was involved in a horrific accident that changed her life. Now she's afraid of riding and had to move her life in a different direction. A nanny. The irony, she's hired by the mother of a horsewoman and her husband to care for their daughter. (should be interesting... said mother completely alienated her daughter in the first book. The nanny is a sort of peace offering).

Its up to my hero to figure out who she is, what happened to her and get her involved with horses again.... after trying to convince the baby's mom that she's crazy to have a horse-hating nanny on a horse farm.

Should be interesting.

More later.....

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Sounds good! It's nice that you don't have to world build, too, since you've already written in that particular setting. That should both save time AND make your story richer.

eehcgq - Everyone elbows her calm girl quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home