Wednesday, September 13, 2006

So What Am I Doing?

Something I never expected I'd do and am actually quite amazed and a little bewildered.

I've been thinking that my muse has jumped ship, been traded to a better team, went to find herself...whatever. She hasn't been spending much time with me. Not like I'm demanding (yet... but just wait til November). So I did a writing exercise and I really really like it! The only problem is that if I continue on with it its going to be some kind of suspense type books which I just don't do. Talk about venturing far far far out of my comfort zone (finding my muse along the way).

I can go two ways with this one. Make it a basic suspense or add a little extra and make it a sci fi suspense.. maybe a little time travel.

So (less than 2 months before Nano) I need to sit down with a notebook and figure out just what type of insanity I'm suffering from to make me even want to take on something like this.

If I didn't like the exercise I did so much I'd never even consider something like this.

I'm definitely certifiable.

BTW Eureka fans, what did you think of the show last night? I felt bad for Jack in the end. He's such a hottie. I can't believe he's so young! Just slightly older than my DH, who is a heck of a lot younger than me.

Okay, back to work. I've got me some plotting to do. AND I PROMISE THAT IN THE HEIGHT OF DANGER MY HEROINE WON'T GET THE URGE TO JUMP THE HERO. On the contrary, I may not even "go there" in this book. But I promise lots of that good tension.

If this wip gets off the ground. :)

2 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

AND I PROMISE THAT IN THE HEIGHT OF DANGER MY HEROINE WON'T GET THE URGE TO JUMP THE HERO.

Have you been reading my blog? LOL...

I'm MAD. My TiVo hates Eureka and refuses to record it on Tuesday nights. I'll check it, it has it's little check marks, but in the morning... it's not there! ARGH!!! So, I have to wait until Friday. Grrr...

What exercise did you do?

ocfyhn - Other cats fight younger hairy needles (I know, but I'm still on my first cup of coffee)

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said...

Just one of my own. Sometimes I get an idea and I just do a little prompt to get my creative muscles flexed a little. It turned into a 16 page exercise.

And of course I've been reading your blog. I try to get there every day, whether I leave a comment or not. :)

eamdwcs-each afternoon my daughter winds cheese sticks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home