Sunday, September 24, 2006

Jumping From One WIP To Another

Well, this morning before I dragged myself out of bed (actually stayed in bed til nearly 8am) I thought of a short story I'd written a while ago and wondered if it would be suited for a certain line. When I got up I checked the writing guidelines and then realized that I have another wip in progress (put down a while ago) that would work for another of their lines.

Whats a poor writer to do! I have the current one I'm working on (got 6 pages handwritten while waiting on laundry this afternoon). I really want to continue it, but I only have a little over a month left before Nano starts and I have to put it aside anyway. So I could either get what I can done on it during that time, or pick up one of these short stories and possibly finish and submit it within that time.

What to do what to do. I hate going from one wip to another (though I do it all the time). I want to get one done then start on another.... nice and neat and orderly.

Chya... as if.

2 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Finish the short and submit.

That's what I'm trying to do... only I got my character into a jam that I don't know how to get her out of! Yikes!

Whatever... NaNo approaches...

rmsheede - Really, must she help elephants eat dorky eggs?

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Judy said...

I'm with M. Finish the short one and put down the longer one til December or the first of the year. I'm a great one for do as I say, not as I do... so finish the one you have a chance to finish :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home