Monday, September 11, 2006

Falling In and Out of Love

Maybe its just me. I love that moment, your eyes find each other across the room, you meet, that starry eyed googly feeling begins somewhere between your heart and the pit of your stomach. After getting to know each other a bit the first stirring of love begins. You have wonderful plans for the future, the possibilities are endless and you have that golden glow of love all around you.

Then as time progresses things don't seem as rosy and lovey dovey as they did in the beginning. Things slowly begin to get dull and you spend less and less time together. You may even start thinking of others. It gets harder and harder to come up with reasons why you should stay in this relationship. Sure, you remember what brought you there, have fond memories of that first moment, and the few moments after that held you in the arms of romance, but you just can't recapture them, no matter how hard you try. Finally, you just can't pretend anymore. You have to let them go. Its bitterweet, but it must be done. After all, you know that you'll fall in love again. Maybe next time it'll last. Someday you're bound to meet the right one. It has to happen.

I've been looking back at all the wips I have in my folders, those wonderful awesome stories that I thought were "The One" but who fizzled out of me prematurely. Poor Eli and Isobel, Mac and Iona, Lydia and Kyle. Maybe Juliana and Aidan will suffer the same fate. Or maybe, just maybe I'll be able to reclaim the fire that each of these stories lit in me once upon a time. I'd hate to think that they're gone, never to return.

But I have to look forward, to the new love that may be waiting just around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home