Saturday, September 16, 2006

Inspiration

There seems to be a bunch of it lately, especially on some of the new tv shows coming out. I'm talking about the relationships between the hero and heroine (or main male/female characters). Yeh, I watch too much tv, but I have my favorite shows that I have to watch. I don't watch tv when there's nothing on. There are 3 new shows that I'm drawing on, Eureka, Three Moons Over Milford and Men In Trees. Each of these have a couple who aren't together but you know that they want to be. Oh, and the Office too (Jim and Pam). The best part of the whole thing is the tension between them. You're cheering them on because you want them to be together, but you know that once that happens the show will lose something.

There's been a lot of talk on this relating to writing. I've been questioning some of my wips where the heroine and hero get too hot and heavy too soon. Its expected from a lot of the lines that I aim for. Well, I don't want to anymore. Its the tension that I want to build on. Okay, if they have sex in the last 3rd of the book so be it, but by chapter 2? No, lets not go there.

So, now that I'm figuring this out I have to apply it. So what if people want erotica. I don't want to write it.

So there.

Now I have to have some more inspiration.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Good job taking a stand! I don't like reading books like that (I stopped reading Stephanie Laurens novels because they were erotica in all but name only), so I'll buy your stuff!

I feel exactly the same way. Let's take on the world...LOL...

feacwpc - Few enemies are cute, we prefer cuties

 

Post a Comment

<< Home