Monday, October 09, 2006

Lord, Save Me From School Fundraisers

Its getting to be ridiculous. First, last month my stepdaughter brought her school fundraiser packet over. Fine, I bought something. Then it was my son's turn, along with school pictures, then my daughter's school pics, and her fundraiser. And then my stepdaughter brings YET ANOTHER school fundraiser over! 2 in 2 months??? This is nuts. I know that soon I'll have to deal with the first Girl Scout fundraiser. Oh, and then there was my daughter's school trip to Maine that hit us within the first week of school.

Does it ever end?? I mean, we have to deal with all the school shopping, getting kids their clothes, shoes, pens, paper etc.... I'm not rich, not even close, but I feel obliged to buy something from my kids and I just pray that my bank account can handle it all.

Off to work I go. To a dreaded day of phone calls. I hate the phones. With a passion.

Oh well. Such is life. I knew that when I signed on to this job I'd have to answer phones (kind of like joining the Army and knowing that there is a possibility that I'd see combat.... after all, its in the job description.)

1 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

I don't even have kids in school and yet... I feel your pain. I have kids in the neighborhood.

What I want to know is this: the schools receive, on average, about $10,000 per year, per child.

What the HECK are they doing with it?

svjzpjmf - Silly vikings, just zip Polly's jumper moderately flat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home