Monday, October 23, 2006

Rethinking Ryan

First of all I think I'm going to rename him Gideon. I love that name and I've never used it before.

I had thought that I'd make him the owner of a resort. Okay, not a huge luxurious place, but a nice laid back summer hotel. But then I thought, Ben and Hayden in Sweet Forever were both in the hotel/resort/guest ranch biz. I really want to bring some secondary characters into the story, so I thought up Edmund Harriman. He's Gideon's grandfather and was one of the big men in town. Used to own a shipbuilding business, lives in a huge old mansion on a hill overlooking the ocean. His wife was killed in a boating accident and ole' Edmund blamed himself, gave up on the shipyard and basically became a hermit in the mansion. Gideon's cousins want Granddad to turn the place into a resort (okay, had to have the resort here somewhere). Gideon doesn't want the place to be sold. He wants to revive the shipyard. He builds sailboats and such to make a living.

Thats the jist of the idea.

But I still have a week to change my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home