Friday, October 13, 2006

Too Many Words

Well, I'm still working on my short and I've discovered that I'm already over the maximum word count for the line I'm aiming it for, which only wants 5000-8000 words. And I have a good bit more to go before this baby is done. So I guess I'll just have to look for a different place for it. I don't think I'll be able to edit it down enough to meet their requirments. Dern.

Nano is looming and I think I'm all set as far as details go. Everything else, I'm sure, will fall into place as I go. Man, I make it sound so easy! It sure isn't. I've no doubt I'll discover the pitfalls along the way. But there'll be plenty of time for editing after November is gone. Until then all I have to worry about is getting the words down.

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

May I recommend Wild Rose Press?? They allow pretty much any word count, and they have an erotica line (isn't that what you're writing this time?). Whatever -- with their umpteen different lines, I imagine it would fit somewhere.

Good luck! (I don't want to talk about NaNo).

alsraht - As in, "If it's alsraht for you, it's alsraht for me."

Okay.. I won't cheat: Any long screws really are hot toys. (blush)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home