Monday, April 16, 2007

The River Ate My Yard!

Well, I can safely say that I've never seen the river in our back yard this high before, even after the horrible flooding NH had a year and a half or so ago. I currently have no back yard. Luckily there's a good hill that goes from the back yard up to the house and I doubt it'll reach the top of that. Roads are shut down everywhere, my work closed early, my husband couldn't even get to work, and the electricity went out downtown.

Ah spring.

We have another few rainy days ahead of us to boot. Can things get worse? I hope not. But we're prepared.

All my editing is done. I'm very pleased about that. I'm sure I'll have some more work to do but for the moment I can breathe easier. Except for that marketing thing. I have to get going on that. I just don't know where to start!! I'm not a salesperson so this is going to be hard. I should borrow someone from the marketing dept of my company for advice. In the meantime I've got lots of published authors who are giving me tips.

And away I go to check some of those tips off. So, until tomorrow... unless we get swept away during the night.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

My SIL's basement flooded something fierce... there were three folks with Shop vacs working all day to clear it out, but the water was coming in faster than they could get it out.

The joy of "mud season".

Hope you don't wash away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home