Saturday, August 12, 2006

Borrowing

Oops. I'm doing my rewrites of my novella which I'm going to turn into a full length (some how) and I've come to my first kissy scene and I realize that I lent it out to another manuscript, one that is going to be published by Samhain. So dern it, now I have to come up with another good kissy scene. Okay, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just have to be in the right mood for it.

At least I got some writing done today, which is good. Now I have to do some more... and some plotting for part 3 of the book.

Okay, this is a short post. Its late and I have to be outa here early in the a.m. So much for sleeping in on my one day off.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

You know, I don't think I've ever borrowed from one ms for another... you've got me wondering now.

And, hey, kissy scenes aren't so tough! You'll do fine.

Cool enough for you? Sheesh, I'm going to have to pull out the electric blanket soon. What's up with this weather??

jjducki - a new version of "duck, duck, goose"

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Ya know... if y'all loved me you would send some of that cooler weather down MY way!

I borrow scenes all the time... esp. from short stories. Remember the scene where Fiona meets Thomas in the original? That came from a short story entitled "The Murder of Tom." The name similarity just struck me... odd, that... hmmmmm.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said...

Judy, I'd be happy to send some of this weather down to you. Its absolutely gorgeous! And cool (49 degrees yesterday morning). Maria, I love this weather! Autumn is my favorite part of the year. But don't worry, it'll get really hot again.

I borrow from short stories or prompts too. I try not to borrow from anything that I think I could possibly publish... for that very reason.

qufwne-quick unicorns fight with naughty elves

 

Post a Comment

<< Home