Saturday, August 26, 2006

More on the POV thingie and jumping in too soon

Well, I took care of some of the POV stuff in my first chapter and I'm working on chapter two. Now I'm faced with another question. Alright, I always intended this story to be spicey. I wrote it with a Blaze kinda publisher in mind. But at the opening of chapter two my H & h are already embarking on the DEED. Is that too soon, even for a Blaze kinda book? I've been thinking about what I can add to delay this plunge even for a coupla chapters. See, it was originally a novella so things had to run a little faster. Not that I'm personally uncomfortable with them charging full speed ahead, but I'm thinking what's marketable.

Or am I just thinking too much and not writing enough.

On other fronts, while its Saturday and I have my long workday ahead of me there've been some changes at the office. Internet surfing has been banned *gulp* and I don't know if I can even sneak in some writing. Its all work work work. Our eeevil CEO quit (or thats the story thats circulating-I think he may have been asked to quit), we have an acting president who is just as tough and who's in the office daily as opposed to the infrequent appearances by the former pres. And the owner of the company, the big kahuna, will be in on Monday. Don't know what that will mean. We've only seen him once and he didn't even say hello to us peons. Now maybe he'll deal with us.

So, don't know what the day will hold. Will bring my memory stick with me just in case, but I doubt I'll get any writing done.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

Can you start with "the deed"? Maybe. What is the motivation to do so? Why are they together? Is it necessary for some sort of conflict in their relationship?

I can't really help cuz I haven't read it, but my answer is a firm MAYBE.

ebdcfln - Even boys don't carry flutes left nightly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home